Saturday, August 9, 2014

Behavior Management YOU can actually manage!

It is the beginning of the year, the time when we spend minute after minute going over rules and procedures. Now when it comes to classroom rules we take the time to tell the students what they are and what we expect....but do we take enough time teaching them and modeling the behaviors?

I know I can certainly take more time!

I have been working for quite awhile on an idea that came to me and was made even better with the help of Andrea and Azure, my two amazing friends and colleagues.....and it is FINALLY finished!

I know from my classroom experience that using the treasure box take lots of instructional time and money from my pocket. FEAR this NO more! I have come up with a system that teaches students about desired behavior through meaningful and purposeful conversations.

Check out my latest creation!
Click here to see it up close!

Display the posters....use the prompts to engage in meaningful conversations!
  • What does it look like?
  • What does it feel like?
  • What does it sound like?
After the conversation, hang the poster in a page protector and mark off a letter each time a student displays the behavior! I promise you will see the kiddos work to get the letters marked off!

Once all the letters in the title are marked off, either the teacher or the students can choose the reward. These are found on the circles in the above image. They include things like students getting to take their shoes off AT SCHOOL...listening to a story outside....having a danced break and so MUCH MORE! The reward system is based on how silly you think you can be as a teacher! The kids will L.O.V.E. it!

I would love to hear your feedback and answer any questions you might have!




No comments:

Post a Comment